Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Who's next?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Now that we all now the details of Elizabeth is it time to start speculating about the next doll? If Marisol is really gone by fall will they come out with the next LE Jan.1 like last year? Who will she be?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope that if they do another LE next year, she's Asian. With the new store opening up in LA, it would be weird of them not to. And besides, I so want an Asian doll, but I much prefer the ones with stories.

    I think if I were Asian, I'd be a but unhappy with AG. All these years and there's still only ONE doll that represents them, out of some 30+. That's a bit silly.

    I hope they start making one LE a year, and don't continue with releasing one every few years like they have been. I haven't really loved any of the ones that have come out, so I don't have any yet, I'm still waiting for one I REALLY want. It sounds to me as though Marisol might be around for the whole year. I'll of course, be proven wrong when she sells out. I remember someone here saying she had sold out a few times, and they just kept making more. That seems so weird to me, defeating the purpose of an LE doll.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:
    I remember someone here saying she had sold out a few times, and they just kept making more. That seems so weird to me, defeating the purpose of an LE doll.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think it is a problem to keep making more LE's as long as there is a limited period. I always thought they were available for the year. I don't like the idea of a certain number available if they don't tell you how many. I wish AG would be more open about its retirements and sell outs.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think it is a problem to keep making more LE's as long as there is a limited period. I always thought they were available for the year. I don't like the idea of a certain number available if they don't tell you how many. I wish AG would be more open about its retirements and sell outs
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh but doing that would make far too much sense! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah American Girl tries not to make sense. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 06, 2005 08:59 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am still hopeful for a Hawaian Doll

  7. #7
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd love to see a half-Asian, half something else doll, so you have an Asian-looking doll, with dark brown straight hair (as opposed to black), almond shaped eyes, and freckles. Like Lucy Liu, or a number of girls I went to school with (In HS, my BF was half Japanese, half Irish).

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hawaiin would be NEAT!!!!!!!! But I also want an Asian!!!

  9. #9
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Lightbulb

    Ok, they have had LE's that were Jewish, a Blonde Surfer Girl, the current Hispanic LE: Marsiol.

    I am AA and relate to Addy, but I think AG does need to release an LE that is Asian. One Asian doll is not a very accurate reprsentation.

    I think it would would be nice if AG added another AA Historial doll, like from the 1960's (hippies, love and peace,social demonstration era)
    or even the same era as some of the other late 19th and early 20th century historicals.

    I do love my Addys, but there is more to the history of AAs' in America than slavery.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ErinGoBraugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by only1genevieve:
    I'd love to see a half-Asian, half something else doll, so you have an Asian-looking doll, with dark brown straight hair (as opposed to black), almond shaped eyes, and freckles
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would love to see that too! My boyfriend is half Korean, a quarter English, and a quarter Czech. Stir that in with my Irish/English heritage, and you've just described perfectly what any future daughters we might have together could look like. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •